Multiple Sclerosis Life Insurance
If you have Multiple Sclerosis then you will almost definitely find that your premiums will be increased by your life insurance company. After a confirmed diagnosis, this increase can seem unfair and the task of finding cheaper insurance a difficult job. The following information has been put together to help you better understand the process of securing Multiple Sclerosis Life Insurance.
Why does having MS impact Life Insurance?
Multiple Sclerosis is a degenerative condition of the brain and spinal cord affecting around 100,000 in the UK. The condition is generally diagnosed between the ages of 20 and 40, although people outside of this age range can also be affected.
It’s important to recognise that MS isn’t the same for everyone. Two people with the same type may experience completely different symptoms. There are four distinct types of MS:
- Relapsing-remitting MS (RRMS)
- Secondary-progressive MS (SPMS)
- Primary-progressive MS (PPMS)
- Progressive-relapsing MS (PRMS)
The type of MS that you have and the severity of your symptoms will impact on the life insurance premiums you will have to pay.
Due to the nature of MS and the complications associated with the condition, it can sometimes be difficult to find an insurer willing to offer a quote at all. Our team of experts use our knowledge of insurers and underwriters to find the ones in a position to provide you with the best Multiple Sclerosis Life Insurance.
What Information Will I Need to Provide?
When you are requesting a life insurance quote, a number of questions will be asked to determine the type and severity of your Multiple Sclerosis. Questions that are likely to be asked will include:
- What type of Multiple Sclerosis do you have? E.g. Primary / Secondary Progressive, Relapsing Remitting
- When were you diagnosed with MS?
- Does your condition prevent you from working?
- When did you last experience symptoms of the condition?
- Do you require walking aids?
- Does your MS cause you any problems with eating, drinking or breathing?
The answers to each of these questions will have an impact on your life insurance premium.
For more information or to receive a quotation for Multiple Sclerosis Life Insurance simply go to our Get a Quote page, or give our expert team a call today on 01275 404268.