Anorexia Life Insurance
Securing Life Insurance may be challenging if you are currently experiencing symptoms of Anorexia, or have previously suffered with the condition. Very often, Life Insurance companies will look to drastically increase your premiums, or even refuse cover altogether.
Knowing where to look to find the best cover can be tricky, but we are here to make this process as smooth and simple as possible.
Getting Life Insurance with Anorexia
Insurance companies will want to gain an understanding of the severity of the condition and the impact it has had on your health. During the quotation process, you will be asked questions such as:
- When you were diagnosed / first suffered with Anorexia
- How low your BMI has been in the past
- If you have experienced any other mental health complications in the past
- Whether you have suffered from any other related health complications, such as Anaemia, heart conditions, organ failure or low blood pressure
- What your current BMI is
- Whether your weight is stable. And if so, how long it has been stable for.
If your condition has been stable and controlled for a long period of time, Insurance companies will offer more favourable terms. If you can demonstrate you have had a healthy BMI for a long period, there may be no affect on your premium at all.
If you are struggling to secure Life Insurance because of Anorexia, or would like to see if the price you currently pay is the best around, get a quote online or give us a call on 01275 404 268 and one of our experts can discuss your options.